PV Solar System Design
What is Solar PV System?
Solar photovoltaic systems or Solar PV systems is one of renewable energy systems which uses PV modules to convert sunlight into electricity energy. The electricity generated can be either stored or used directly, fed back into grid line or combined with one or more other electricity generators or more renewable energy source. Solar PV Systems are very reliable and clean source of electricity that can suit a wide range of applications such as residential, commercial and industrial applications.
Major Solar PV System Components
SOLAR PV System includes different components that are selected according to the system type, site location and applications. The major components for solar PV system are solar charge controller, inverter, battery bank, auxiliary energy sources and loads (appliances).
- PV module - Converts sunlight into DC electricity.
- Inverter - Converts DC output of PV panels into a clean AC current for AC appliances or fed back into grid line.
- Bi-Directional Meter - Keeps track of the electricity to and from the grid for billing purposes.
- Solar Charge Controller - Regulates the voltage and current coming from the PV panels going to battery and prevents battery overcharging and prolongs the battery life.
- Battery - Stores energy for supplying to electrical appliances when there is a demand.
- Load - Electrical appliances that connected to solar PV system such as Lights, TV, Computer, Refrigerator, etc.